Mar 3, 2006

Thunderstorm!!!!

YES! It is 2:30 a.m. and I;m awake because we are having a thunderstorm. So what??? Well....

Our two youngest children and our dog have never heard a thunderstorm! In fact, in the three years we've lived here it hasn't rained this hard much less, EVER, have we heard thunder or seen lightening! *sigh, missing home*

It's been nice to listen to the rain. Although I have yet to get any sleep. Fortunately we went to bed early tonight (got to bed at 10 pm!) so at 12:30 after Sunnydale had already gotten up with Abby twice, I got up and have been up ever since. Once I finally got her to sleep, my little man woke up. He was sitting up in his bed crying for me. I crawled up in his bed with him and he said "I can not get to sleep!". However, his eyes were closed and I doubt he was truly awake. *grin* He's such a cutie! So now he's finally asleep. I came downstairs and decided to blog.

I'm sitting here and I look out the window where it's pouring rain and the lawn sprinklers just came on. What a funny sight! I don't know anyone in there right mind who would go out in the freezing cold, pouring rain at what is now 2:45 a.m. to turn off their lawn sprinklers, so don't look at me! *smile*

Okay, off to bed again. Wish me luck this time. :)

P.S. I'm just going to say this because it's about time and it's my blog so I can say whatever I want, right?

Chris, we're so proud of you!! You've been working on this degree for the better part of 9 years! So so so many obstacles have been put in front of you. Mostly by people you love, a lot by the military and you have jumped each hurdle with amazing height. What sincere dedication and loyalty you have shown. Don't worry about the future for the future will take care of itself. Take care of today! Don't allow the insignificant to become significant. (read what you want into that)
*laughing* We love you. Thanks so much for that precious wife of yours. Make sure you keep her!!! *grin* Although it wouldn't hurt to bring your family closer to ours!!! Congratulations!!!

No comments: