Sep 13, 2005

Drugs anyone?

I know that my 4 faithful readers have been somewhat concerned about me updating my blog. I plan to recommit to writing everyday. I've been frustrated latley and I am currently on drugs for a terrible toothache. Of course, I can't take what they prescribed mebecause that would mean sleeping while my kids rule the roost. Also, you can't drive while on this medication. I believe the conversation went something like this with my Dentist:
"Pull my tooth!"
"no"
"Shoot me"
"no"
"pull my tooth, please???"
"no, I don't extract permanent teeth unless it is a dire emergency"
"There is going to be a dire emergency if you don't take some action"
"do you really want me to ruin your mouth for life?"
"no, smart eleck, I want you to make it stop hurting"
"Ok, I can do Friday morning at 10:15, you'll need to be here for 2 hours."
I sat there dumbfounded. FRIDAY??? This was yesterday (Monday). Um, did I mention that I felt like crying and passing out, and I was beginning to weigh my options about whether you'll really pass out if you hold your breath??
"Friday? Are you joking? This is Monday!"
"It's the earliest I can see you"
"What am I now? A hologram?"
"Mrs. Hyde, I understand that you are in pain, but the earliest I can see you to take care of the tooth is Friday morning. However, I will prescribe to you a pain killer that will help until then."
"umm, ok. Thanks"

To make a long story short, the pharmacist says I shouldn't take this medicine if lactating *rolls eyes*, Can't drive while on this medication, can't consume caffeine, need to eat to avoid nausea and vomiting (did I mention it's a toothache?) and last but certainly not least, This medication will make me sleepy, so if I work or take care of children I shouldn't take it.
*sigh*
I may not make it until Friday

2 comments:

believingthomas said...

I hope his taking care of your tooth is not pulling it. I would hate to see you gumming your food... well ok it would be funny at first.

Christi Dobson said...

no, he's going to finish the root canal he started 3 months ago....I know, I know *hangs head in shame*

But gumming it could be an interesting way to lose weight....