Sep 8, 2005

Peaceful


Isn't it fun to watch a sleeping baby? Abby fell asleep on the couch so I couldn't help but take her picture. Her little pig tail sticking up. It's so hard to believe she is 8 months old now! In the midst of all the chaos around the world, she sleeps full of peace knowing that she is loved and taken care of. That speaks to me during this time in our country. To see all the sadness right now, yet it is possible to know that we are loved, by our Father, and that we are taken care of. It's hard to remember sometimes that even though we fight the battle, the war is won. But it is. A simple, yet profound truth.

So I went to Starbucks this morning glad to have caffeine pumping through my system. *grin* Sunnydale informed me that we cannot take stock out in Starbucks. Even though personally I think I would find a certain satisfaction in knowing I was contributing to the world of caffeine addicts. I did forgo the pastry and I also got a nonfat mocha w/ no whip. Even though technically it still has 2 grams of fat, the original mocha has 22 grams of fat!!!!! I'll go ahead and consider this progress. Okay, well, thanks to the stress from worrying about family with the aftermath of Katrina and all, I have successfully organized quite a bit of the parts of my house no one ever sees. Like the storage room downstairs, the junk drawer in the kitchen, the top of the fridge etc. You get the idea. Because my house is almost always CLEAN, I have learned over the past few years that surface clean and deep clean (like, storage closets, under beds things like that) are two completely things......*rolls eyes* So now, the task is to DEEP clean. *whew* Think I'm going to go have another coffee. *grin* Just kiddin, Sunnydale. ;)

Okay Sarah, I'm waiting to hear how classes went on your first day of Grad. school. Hope it all went well. I have complete faith in you, though. Not one doubt that you can accomplish this with flying colors.

Onto the land of Tide city of.....whites???

No comments: