Mar 12, 2010

Raining Daisies on a Summer Day.....


Daisies = simplicity...easy...quiet....

Those are words that describe daisies to me. It also really represents my life at this point. Loving Joe, is surprisingly such an easy love. He's truly a rare soul. He doesn't worry about impressing people - so the circle to that is that because he's not worried about that he doesn't oppress anyone (like me or the kids) and in turn he's just real and people like him. I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't like him. I do think that's rare.

I've learned so much about life from him in the last 3 years. He says I make him want to be a better person and I think that about him. Because he is who he is - a man who shows love through his actions not his words.

Anyone can show love through words. But behind closed doors, when no one is looking what kind of love are they showing?

I love the fact that Joe has never raised his voice to me. I love how he comes home from work and seeks me out before anyone else and wraps those big strong arms around me and tells me how much he loves me. How he remembers everything I say....and months later he'll bring something home and say "didn't you want one of these...". Or how we like the exact same things. We love the same food, the same colors, the same decor...gardening stuff...

It just makes life easy. Simple. Nothing is complicated or tense. And *that* is precious. :)

No comments: