Sep 11, 2006

September 11th, 2006

Well, tonight I remember 5 years ago. I had an in home daycare. Adrienne was 2. Anna was 5. Sunnydale was gone. Detached to "group". He was supposed to be gone on a 63 day mission.

270 days went by.

My heart broke every time the phone rang and it wasn't him.

My heart broke every time I left the house only to come home to a message he left on the machine.

That was the worst.

I can still feel the pain in the disappointment that I had left the house and missed his call.

Then I got a cell phone. And got word to him to call that number. ;)

I rarely missed a call after that.

But the calls came less and less.

Weeks would go by.

I would stay up half the night watching the news. Flipping back and forth from one channel to the next.

I took a few minutes tonight to allow the girls to watch a couple of the Memorial videos online.

Anna remembers.

Adrienne does not.

Adrienne had a lot of questions.

Anna answered a lot of questions.

They both got an eye opening view of their Dad and what he's done for them and for our country.

I'll never forget that day.





No comments: