Aug 14, 2006

Oddities in Hayes Park

Ok, so if you haven't already, please read the previous post. It'll help you understand this one. *grin*

So here are a few things I noticed this morning when I stood on my front porch at 4:55 in the am waiting for Roadside Assistance.....

1. People drive carelessly, more so than usual. We live on a one way street that's in the shape of a half moon. Someone drove up the wrong way going quite fast this morning. It boggles me as to why people do this because going on our street serves absolutely no purpose unless you live on the street. We're not a shortcut in any sense of the word.

2. When the sprinklers come on, one of them goes around and around, continuously hitting the light pole and making this "zink, zink, zink" noise.......creepy

3. I was quite surprised how few lights I saw on other people houses. I just figured that most of the community, seeing as how we're all military, would be awake. But they are not.

4. The trucks alarm system works well and sounds especially loud and healthy at 5 in the morning.......I bet they're awake now.

5. An owl lives somewhere close to my house. I listened to it while I was waiting.

6. My neighbors have 2 flags in the front of their house, which they apparently follow procedure by taking down in the evenings. My other neighbors have a light on their flag. They are the only 2 houses on the street to have flags up. Hmm, I think that's weird.

7. And last but definitely not least, I am reminded of why I do not stand on my front porch in the dark...... little cute creatures called SKUNKS.

I think Sunnydale should cook dinner tonight. *grin*

How about some Peanut Butter & Jelly??


No comments: