Aug 20, 2005

The Spanish Gardener

Our Gardener is Spanish. A nice man, however you can not hold a conversation with him, unless of course you know Spanish. Anna has been working very hard to rectify this situation. She decided to improve her Spanish skills. This morning he came and Anna was ready. She goes outside and in Spanish says ..."hola, como esta?" he smiles this huge smile and says "bien, et tu?" she replies "moi bien gracious". Then he begins this huge Spanish conversation to which she replies "I don't know that much Spanish yet!" (and I don't know how to spell in spanish yet)

I was so proud of her for trying though. It's been a lot of fun learning Spanish here. I've been surprised at how much fun it is to be able to speak a different language. Although we know more phrases and numbers, things like that than actual words to be put together in a sentence, over the next 2 or 3 years here I suspect our Spanish will improve even more. We live in such a fun world full of opportunities to do new things. I wish more people took advantage of that. Well, I should go now and attack that laundry....

No comments: