Mar 5, 2009

Adventures of Christi....



I'm starting a new business making cloth diapers and wipes. I'm a proud owner of a brand new Singer sewing machine and I can't wait to get started. Here's an example of the cloth diapers of today and what I will be making....

They look like this on the inside. Again this is an example of a bum genius diaper. But the pattern I'm making is very similar to these. Eventually, after I get things off the ground with the diapers, I'll add things like hair bows and t-shirts to match the diaper covers. I'm getting ahead of myself though. :) For now, I am making simple fitted diapers and covers with a hidden PUL layer. I'll also make soakers out of Hemp French Terry. As I believe this is the best material for soakers. I'm really excited about this new adventure. I know it'll take a little while to get started but the best part is that this is something I enjoy, it's fun. And I can do this and be able to stay home with my munchkins. That is the BEST part about it. :) Speaking of munchkins!
I am proud to announce that Joe and I are expecting our son, Mason, to arrive July 29, 2009

Yeah! We are so excited about having another little boy running around. :) Abby has been saying all along that she's going to have a little "brudder". I guess she was right! We do go next Wednesday to Little Rock for a fetal echocardiogram. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that everything is fine with our little Mason Dobson. :) I'll keep you posted ~





No comments: