Aug 21, 2005

No, that did not occur to me

So I'm watching the GG marathon. So thrilled there is something on other than golf. All the while I'm thinking to myself. I started the laundry at noon, so why is it 2:00 and I've only put one load into the dryer. Our dryer is sooo slow. I go in there to check on it only to find that the button on the dryer is broken. It is sitting on off and it is still going. I realize that the dryer has been going for 2 hours. I sit there quick to wonder why it didn't occur to me in the last 2 hours that it was still drying the same load of clothes and just as quickly realize that it was of no fault of mine. It didn't buzz. It's the dryers fault. Slowly, and reluctantly, I open the dryer to access the damage. The clothes were really hot. Like, really really hot. And quite small, I might add.

After I chalk it up to something I can do nothing about I move on to add clothes to the washer (after swearing on my life that I'll time the dryer myself and take the clothes out in 45 minutes) and realize that something weird is going on with the socks and underwear. Only to my surprise (of course) does it occur to me that Adrienne's socks and underwear are all doubled. As in, she's wearing more than one pair at a time. I call her in to ask about it. She very nonchalantly replies, well, It's the only way I can keep Anna from borrowing them.
*sigh*

No comments: