Aug 25, 2005

Land of Tide

I got ready for Prom this morning (for those of you who don't know, Prom is when I take the kids to school and all the other moms are all dressed up in full out make up at 7 am) and was shocked at what I saw when I got to the school. Not one, not two, but three women who appeared to be in pajamas. *cracking up*. It reminds me of Sunnydale when he first started shaving his head everyday. Not too long after he started that, all of a sudden soldiers everywhere had newly shaved stark white heads. LOL Being bald just isn't for some people. You have to be uniquely designed with a nice shaped head, in my opinion, to be able to pull it off. That and a personality like Sunnydale has. *wink*

But at least it proves me wrong, to an extent, about whether or not these wives are even wearing pj's.

So I'm starting an adventure today. Sunnydale has decided that I need to be more organized. * shocked * I very simply was surprised at hearing that. I've tried explaining to him that when he's not here, the house stays clean, the laundry is kept up....But for some reason his presence just voids it all. Can you believe that he didn't believe me??? So he gave me a place to start. The girls bathroom. When he said that I was excited. Because the girls bathroom is already clean. Cheer! Then he said, "specifically the linen closet". My excitement sunk as I had forgotten about the linen closet hidden behind the bathroom door. "Oh, that", was my reply. "What do you want in it?", "Linens!" he exclaimed. Ahh, the proverbial thought that just because you have a linen closet you have to have linens in it. *rolls eyes* How very traditional. And here I thought we were going for the non-traditional way of life.

So I am prepared to put linens in the linen closet. There is one catch though. And something tells me that he knew this. Digging the sheets, towels and blankets out of the hampers and washing them is probably the first thing he had in mind. So here we go, back to the washing of laundry. *sigh*

*hamper in one hand, detergent in the other* I am ready. What are you laughing at? If I showed up at your house right this second would all your laundry be washed??? So laundry isn't my favorite thing, these are....

1. Butterflies
2. Hazelnut coffee
3. The color red (not the bright red, but the rich, darker red)
4. Reading (romantic stories without all the "in the bed" stuff)
5. Writing
6. Cooking (I was blessed with a hubby who will eat anything)
7. Sunsets
8. Turtles ( My favorite one my Dad gave me when I was a kid, it's made out of sand)
9. Sun catchers
10. Flowers. Preferably daisies, but I love all flowers. NOT flower bedspreads, or curtains, but real flowers.

I'm off to the land of Tide, city of Linen.




2 comments:

Christi Dobson said...

I know, I know, I stole your favorite thing. But really, Sunnydale, flowers are supposed to be a girl thing. *rolls eyes and sighs*

Christi Dobson said...

Which is why I encourage you daily to play with them instead of the barbies. (you know I bought them for the girls, not you)

;)