Aug 15, 2005

California Dreamin'

Well, it looks like we'll be stationed here for another couple of years. I suppose if you have to be "stuck" anywhere, California isn't so bad. I am sad though that it'll just be that much longer before we are able to head back to the beautiful state of Mississippi. *sigh*
Today was a weird day. Sunnydale is working nights this week, so he's trying to sleep during the day. Ha!! Hard to sleep with kiddies running around playing. Even though Anna and Adrienne are at school, we still have Sunnydale jr. and Abby home.

Sun's Aunt Teka, Uncle Todd and Grandmother came to visit us this past weekend. We had a good time. They bought the girls these red feather boas, you know, the ones that you sling around our neck. WOW! Red feathers ALL over the house. Gotta love it. Good times, good memories. *grin*

Ok so for those of you who haven't been keeping up with us, Sun is a Drill Sgt. now out here in Cali. It's absolutely beautiful where we live. If you look one way we've got mountains and the other way you can see the ocean forever. It's breathtaking.

Anyway, Anna bridged over tonight from Brownies to Jr. Girl Scouts. *cheer* I am so proud of her. She's such a bright and beautiful little girl. She's overcome so much in her small life. I think she's great. It was fun, she got to actually walk over this little bridge and the older girl scouts met her on the other side. The older girls pinned her and she thought that was way cool. I got pics, I'll try to post them soon. I am really quite excited about this year in Girl Scouts. Her troop leader seems really nice and very well organized. I have a feeling it'll be a great year.

Adri is supposed to be going into Brownies, the troop that Anna just came out of. Although I think I'll wait and put her in a different troop. That one was always so unorganized, and the troop leader isn't the nicest person to be around. Not by any fault of her own I suppose, but just that way by nature. Ok, well, I'll logging now.

No comments: